Now Hiring: Hotel and Vendor Coordinator & Guides
Hotel and Vendor Coordinator
We’re seeking a Hotel and Vendor Coordinator for our Williston office. The Hotel and Vendor Coordinator is responsible for the set-up, maintenance, and quality of all trip logistics for their assigned regions to include secondary contracting, vendor communication, inventory management, air and land transfers, tour product build, and overall logistics.
College degree or relevant professional experience
Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Willingness to become proficient in our reservation system for guest and tour maintenance
Ability to approach a fast-paced and constantly changing industry with flexibility, creativity, and a positive attitude
Strong interest in active, healthy worldwide travel preferred
Travel industry experience preferred
Basic mathematical skills and contract negotiation skills required
Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
Exceptional technical skills; computer operations, systems navigation, data entry required
Apply Online »
Country Walkers Guides
At Country Walkers we pride ourselves on our expert, local guides and recognize that an amazing guide makes an unforgettable trip! We welcome applications for new guides but ask that you first review the section below titled What we look for in a potential Guide. We receive hundreds of applications every year and will only consider those meeting the required criteria.
Guiding for Country Walkers:
Guides work on a freelance basis and are paid a daily wage. All tour-related expenses are covered by Country Walkers. Some guides may lead only 2-3 trips a year while others may guide 6-8 trips. Guides are NOT able to work full-time, year-round with us due to the limited number of departures we offer in each region.
Apply Online »
What we look for in a potential Guide:
- Full guide licensing for your region.
- Intimate knowledge about and expertise in your region whether it be natural history, art, architecture, food, wine, cultural and political history, geology, music, folklore, or local flora and fauna.
- Residence in or near the region in which you guide.
- English and local language fluency.
Other skills we look for include:
- Superb people and customer service skills: outgoing, confident, and fun personality; being at ease when speaking to groups and being a spirited conversationalist.
- Experience in handling multiple logistics.
- Ability to communicate well with local vendors including hotels, restaurants, and transportation companies.
- Passion for walking and the outdoors; physical fitness.
- Ability to work and connect with a co-guide; including sharing a room on tour with a guide of the same gender.
- In the United States and Canada, the ability to safely drive a 12-passenger van; clean driving record.
- Ability to handle and manage a tour budget.
- First aid skills and CPR certification.
- Well-rounded life experience.
- Prior guiding is strongly recommended but not required.
When and how to apply
We recruit and schedule guides on a year-round basis, however, most of the scheduling is confirmed during the late fall or early winter for the following year.
Apply Online »
Thank you for your interest in guiding for Country Walkers!