Hiring: Full time Tour Consultant
To apply for the Tour Consultant position, please your email resume to [email protected]
As a Tour Consultant, you will be responsible for assisting our guests in finding the vacation of their dreams! You will develop knowledge and skills around geography and tourism and will be compensated with a base salary plus commission. Commission are based on a percentage of revenue from your reservations. You will work as part of an enthusiastic team in achieving goals that are based on the company’s yearly plan. Top applicants will be motivated, detail oriented, and reliable. Our mission is to positively impact people’s lives through active travel experiences and we like to have fun while we’re doing it!
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Assist guests in booking their tours by phone and email. No cold calling.
- Handling new guest reservations, answering questions over the phone and by email, following through on customer requests, and reach out to guests who have requested information.
- Strive to increase take up rates for airfare, extensions, travel insurance, and air upgrades.
- Work closely with the Guest Services team and Air team, as well as other departments, to help deliver the highest level of customer service to our guests!
- Become knowledgeable about worldwide travel by traveling on a tour every year.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Recognition of the importance of top-notch customer service
- Excellent technical skills; computer operations, systems navigation
- College degree preferred
- A team player who enjoys being part of a busy team but also can work independently when needed
- Ability to work a rotating 8 hour shift within the hours of operation: M-F 8:30am to 6:30pm and some Saturdays 10am to 3pm (usually a 6 hour shift every 4-6 weeks)
- Some sales experience preferred, but not required
Duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment with a regular work schedule. Physical demands generally include frequent reaching and grasping, light to moderate lifting (10-20 lbs.), and light to moderate carrying. Mobility demands generally include continuous sitting and occasional standing. Sensory demands generally include keyboarding, computer terminal, and telephone