Digital Marketing Manager
Join Country Walkers and VBT; an award-winning, Vermont-based active travel company and be part of our high performing, international team. We offer deluxe, small-group bicycling and walking tours worldwide at a variety of different levels and paces. Positively impacting people's lives through active travel experiences is what we’re all about!
This role develops, leads and executes our digital strategies alongside traditional marketing efforts. All electronic channels, e‐marketing communications, website content, project management, SEO/SEM, vendor management, and supporting strategy implementation will be the responsibility of this position. This position is responsible for the continued development, management and marketing of VBT and CW websites under a common external platform. Oversee the planning, testing, development, and execution of fully functioning, interactive, and consumer‐driven sites. This role supports marketing programs aimed at all stages of the customer lifecycle, including promotional efforts, regular announcements and pre and post‐tour communications.
- Utilize analytics to constantly improve the site KPIs and user experience.
- Consistently ensure that data captured from web analytics are utilized and incorporated to drive lead generation and future web development.
- Manage SEM efforts, including pay‐per‐click, affiliate marketing, paid e‐mail/website/newsletter sponsorships. Evaluate pay‐per‐action model websites such as travel aggregators and/or travel portals for ROI potential.
- Implement/manage comprehensive online (SEO, PPC, etc.) reporting analytics to measure ROI.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for SEO and offsite promotions to build traffic to both CW and VBT websites.
- Evaluate the use of Social Media in strategies based on fit with customer segments and potential ROI opportunities.
- Develop link‐building strategies, encouraging the distribution of activities to entire staff.
- Develop strategy for electronic public relations, including the use of internal resources and/or external vendors to increase visibility for both company URLs in travel sites, blogs, discussion groups, tour vendors, travel/tourism boards, and other reputable sites.
- Evaluate, develop and manage the companies’ CRM and email platforms (RPI+Exact Target) to segment email lists, optimize e-mail KPIs and increase online reservation requests.
- Liaise with the hosting vendor and other third party technical resources to support the sites.
- Research various methods in which the sites can be constantly utilized to meet the customer service needs of our guests and choose options that meet the demands/requirements of the business.
- Supervise daily website content management inclusive of pricing, itineraries, tour information, company information, etc.
- Stay current on web technologies and trends in order to advise and recommend approaches for web site development. Take initiative and lead projects to ensure that the web site is continually being developed to meet its goals.
- Liaise with Xanterra sister companies to share knowledge, expertise and troubleshoot.
- A Leader mentality with 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in digital marketing
- Current, hands-on SEO and SEM skills managing at least a $250k digital budget
- Project and staff management experience is required. This role is intimately involved in day to day optimization activities (responsible for key deliverables)
- Experience with web content management systems such as Wordpress
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage marketing automation programs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, including presentation skills)
Please send resume to [email protected], or by mail to:
Nicole Voth, Director of Human Resources
426 Industrial Avenue, Suite 120
Williston, VT 05495