Recipe: Bazura, From the Dalmatian Coast
This is a famous recipe from the Dalmatian Coast, brought to us by Country Walkers Guide Daniel Piccini, a native of Croatia's second largest city, Split.
He writes, "This is a traditional way of preparing skampi (shrimps) or any other shellfish from the Adriatic sea. It is very famous all over the Adriatic and we recommend it to all of our guests while on tour. Very easy to prepare, this dish will guarantee a great meal in just 30 minutes."
Bazura (Serves 4)
- 3 1/3 pounds fresh skampi from the Adriatic Sea (if you can't find this, shrimp from your local fish monger will do)
- a full 1/3 cup olive oil
- two cloves of garlic
- 1 2/3 cup white dry table wine
- salt and pepper
- Wash the shrimp
- Put olive oil in the pot and once it is heated, add shredded garlic and parsley.
- Add salt, pepper, and wine, then add shrimp and cover it all for just 15 minutes.
- Serve on the table with white wine (Posip) and lots of bread.
Enjoy! If this sounds good, you can try the real thing on our Croatia: The Dalmatian Coast tour.